Sunday, May 9, 2010

Girls, Girls... Women

It is the day in which we all cherish the role and the women who are responsible for each and everyone of us. Good, bad or indifferent, we cannot deny their role. I feel very lucky, no blessed, to have the Mother that I do. She is woman many should strive to be.
A while ago I had two additional woman in my life, simply put, they pale in comparison. The stride of a woman and mother has to be gentle, dynamic, loving and they must possess strength, no matter what faces them.
It is hard to imagine myself as a woman, not only because I know I have so much to learn but becuase it is a responsibility. The meaning of which changes all the time for each of us. What does it mean to be a woman and a mother, a woman and a leader, a woman and a professional, a woman and a partner, a woman and single. Our roles are special and unique. I wish each of you a very special day.

A Mother's glance
A Mother's embrace
Those arms wrapped tightly
To make us feel safe
No other stare can stop us in stride
No others love gives us more pride
Next to us in life
Next to us in our hearts
A Mother's love never to part.
~ By Andrinna

No comments:

Post a Comment