Sunday, April 25, 2010

There are joys in EVERDAY LIFE!

Well... this weekend was... not as expected. I went to Costco today and saw this wonderfully cute couple in the parking lot. They purchased matching kayaks! They were enjoying thoroughly the trial of strapping them into their truck to take home. What was even more endearing, the wife told the husband to ask if I was okay unloading some stuff out of my car. He didn't even bat an eye to come over and help me.

My last roommate, when asked to help move my parents, declined. Cheap shot on my part to compare, except I mention it because it was one of those moments when you comtemplate if the action is acceptable. It wasn't. My parents are those people that you can't help but appreciate, cherish and want to see again. YES, I am biased, but they are.

I was able to spend some time recently with a friend that reminded me that there are things worth cherishing and working for. Meaning, recognize and appreciate traits in those around you that you value. Thank you to my friend for reminding me that I am okay... and maybe even a little fun! Our self confidence is precious isn't it! It can be so delicate, yet when ignited it can be our most powerful asset.

People can often criticize behavior that they don't understand or that they desire to have themselves. I pose a challenge to those that wish to accept, recognize a behavior that you admire and compliment the person you notice it in. It will do wonders for yourself and them!

Thank you friend, I plan to always cherish your presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment